iPay88 Philippines, Inc.
This iPay88 Philippines, Inc. Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) is issued to all our current or prospective customers and/or members under the requirements of Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Protection Act of 2012 (“Data Privacy Act”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations and such other applicable laws on data privacy protection and security. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, retain, and disclose your data and explains your rights concerningit.
iPay88 Philippines, Inc., and/or its group of companies (referred hereinafter to as “iPay88”), appreciate your support for our services and value our relationship with you. We wish to inform you that we maintain certain personal data about you as part of our records. We would like to continue communicating with you for further information on our products, services, promotions, and matters related to the purposes below.
If you do not agree with any part of this Privacy Notice, please do not use our website or any of our products or services.
1. Purpose of Collection
We collect your data for the following purposes:
- Entering into relevant sale and purchase agreement;
- Communication of services, sales, and purchase transactions;
- Settlement of funds, refunds or cancellations, disputes, and/or chargebacks of the payment transaction;
- Recurring payment service and/or tokenization;
- General administration;
- Managing and maintaining your accounts and facilities with us;
- Responding to your inquiries and complaints, and generally resolve disputes;
- Updating, consolidating, and improving the accuracy of our records;
- Producing data, reports, and statistics, which have been aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- Conducting research and surveys, which are solely for analytical purposes, including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us;
- Meeting the disclosure requirements of any law binding on us;
- For audit, compliance, and risk management purposes;
- Any other purpose we deem necessary and/or as required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines, and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
2. Types of Personal Data Collected
Personal data that we may collect:
- Name, age, race, gender, nationality, passport number, date of birth;
- Contact details such as house number, mobile number; email address; home town address; correspondence address; delivery address; region or state of staying;
- Credit Card details;
- Bank Account number;
- Any other information supplied by you that can directly or indirectly identify you, for us to carry out our contract with you.
3. Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
The failure to supply us with your required data will potentially affect our capability to:
- Enter into a service contract or agreement with you;
- Communicate notices, value-added services, and updates to you;
- Accomplish the above-stated purposes.
We may disclose your data with the following class of users for any of the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice or any other purpose directly related thereto:
- Related subsidiaries or holdings of iPay88;
- Government agencies, statutory authorities, enforcement agencies, or other persons ororganizations required under the law or in response to government requests;
- Auditors, accountants, and lawyers under iPay88;
- Contractors, sub-contractors, and affiliates of iPay88;
- Third-party service or product providers, merchants, and strategic partners;
- Persons under a duty of confidentiality to iPay88.
5. Data Security
We shall take the necessary steps and reasonable measures to securely store and process your data. We will undertake the following security steps:
- Implementation of a formal information security policy and necessary technology controls such as firewalls, password controls, physical security, logging, monitoring, etc.;
- Use of process controls such as segregation of duties, defined roles and responsibilities, and need-to-know basis for staff;
- Third-party providers and contractors storing or processing personal data have implemented similar acceptable standards of security.
6. Retention of Data
Your data will only be stored only for the period necessary to fulfill the declared, specific, and legitimate purposes stated above. We shall ensure that your data is destroyed, anonymized, or disposed of in a manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or public, or prejudice your rights as the data subject.
Storage of your data even after the fulfillment of the purposes stated above may be done to:
- Satisfy legal, regulatory, or accounting requirements;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims for the protection of the interest of iPay88.
7. Direct Marketing
We may use your data to provide you with information about our and third-party services and/or products, which may be related to your interests.
We may, in some circumstances, disclose your data to preferred merchants and strategic partners. Such disclosure will only occur where you have subscribed for particular services or products which require such disclosure and/or where your consent has been obtained, all of which are subject to any laws and otherapplicable laws on data privacy protection and security at all times.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties we are sharing your data with also have appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish for your data to be utilized for marketing and promotion, please contact us at the contact details provided below. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
8. Rights as Data Subjects under the Data Privacy Act
You are entitled to all your rights as the Data Subject under the Data Privacy Act, including the right to access and correct, the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of personal information, and the right to object to processing, subject to the limitation of rights as provided in applicable laws on data privacy protection and security.
In this regard, you may contact and request us to:
- Check and access your data in our records;
- Correct any of your inaccurate, obsolete, incomplete, or misleading data;
- Provide copies of your data that we have.
We will acknowledge the receipt of and respond to any such request within thirty days from receipt thereof. For data amendment and correction, we will consider if the information requires amendment. If there is any disagreement, then we will specify the reason in clearly stated terms such as where the rights of others will be violated, or regulatory functions will be affected.
Under the Data Privacy Act and to the extent not limited by any other applicable law, we may:
- Charge an administration fee to process your request to access or correct your data in compliance with the fees stated in its Implementing Rules and Regulations;
- Refuse to comply with your request to access or correct your data, supplied with a written explanation for such action.
9. Transfer of Your Data Outside the Philippines or Cross-Border Transfer
Where we consider it necessary and appropriate for one or more of the purposes in this Privacy Notice, we may transfer your data to another partner or affiliate, or any of our service providers or strategic partners who are involved in providing parts of services that are located in countries outside the Philippines.
We shall take necessary steps to ensure that any such partners are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the products and/or services they are contracted by us to safeguard your personal information.
In cases where the collected data is transferred across country borders where our partners or affiliates operate, the transfer shall comply with applicable cross-border privacy laws.
We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and other forms of local storage to provide social media features and to analyze traffic on the site.
11. Contact Us
For any request, further information, or clarification regarding personal data access, correction, deletion, or any other information about the Data Privacy Act, you can contact us through the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Telephone Number: (+632) 8511-8688
- Office Address: Unit 407, 4th Floor, Peninsula Court, 8735 Paseo de Roxas, Makati, 1226 Metro Manila, Philippines
By agreeing to give your consent, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understood the contents of this Privacy Notice and you authorize us to collect, process, and store your data following the terms above.
By clicking YES/SUBMIT, you provide us with your consent for us to process, collect, use, retain, and disclose your data for, or directly related to, any of the purposes stated above.
Note: A check box will be shown on the iPay88 Payment Page before you can proceed to submit your payment transaction to the bank, financial institution, or payment service provider for processing.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 30 June 2018 and is effective as of that date. iPay88 reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time with effect from the specified date (“Effective Date”). In case of material changes to our Privacy Notice, the latest revised version will be placed on the company website (www.ipay88.com.ph) or communicated through any other mode the company views suitable. Your continued use of the website, products, and services after the Effective Date constitutes your acceptance of the amended Privacy Notice.